Friday, June 22, 2012

Fire on the Mountain


I spent Thursday signing copies of Carnival Girl at Costco's in Orem, Utah. All ready to post another part of Mustard and Love today, I got side-tracked by my daughter, who lives in Eagle Mountain, Utah.

 This morning, even before she got up, she got a call to evacuate her home. The fire that had started on Thursday on the hill above Eagle Mountain grew perilously close to the neighborhood she lives in. Authorities decided to evacuate the whole neighborhood, because the danger of the fire setting off an explosion at an explosives factory nearby was too great.

So, instead of posting, I spent the day visiting with my very stressed daughter. Tonight things look better, since the wind had changed direction. She's able to return to her home without having lost anything but a day's work.

Stay tuned for more of Mustard and Love tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment