Friday, July 27, 2012

An Intercultural Audience

On my last day autographing copies of Carnival Girl, I met a very interesting family. The husband, a tall quiet person, is from Germany. His wife, who lives in Germany with him, is from Mexico, and her sister lives here in the area. The German couple were visiting here. I had a very enjoyable time visiting with them.

While signing, I met people from Russia, Italy, Spain, and the countries in Middle and South America, and quite a few people from Germany. I enjoyed greatly talking to people who served in the German countries. Some of them were on missions the same time I was, and many much later than that! But all of them remembered Germany fondly, and some were interested in German history and the people. One sweet lady served in Austria, and we talked about wonderful Salzburg and the people who were looking and still are, looking for God.


Many of the people I talked to had a German parent or grandparent or some other connection to Germany. For some of them, a copy of Carnival Girl made a wonderful present for either their German relatives or for someone they knew who liked to read.


I hope all these people, the ones who bought a copy of Carnival Girl, and the others, enjoyed visiting with me and felt their spirits uplifted as they left!



2 comments: