Wednesday, April 11, 2012

38 -- Jozef Secures a new Position


Panje Franzesco’s caravan wagon was a little larger and painted in a bright blue. Inside, a stove put out waves of warmth, and an older lady, Panje Franzesco’s wife, sat on a comfortable looking sofa, knitting something in brown.

Jozef and Wizlaw were sitting on two easy chairs fronting the sofa, while Panje Franzesco sprawled next to his wife on the sofa, wringing his hands. “You’ve always done such a good job, Panje Dubiki. I just don’t know what will become of our little circus when you’re gone.”

“Don’t worry. That’s why I found Panje Wawrzyniak for you. He’ll do a wonderful job. I’ll train him. And if he does not work out, I promise I’ll either return or find you someone else.”

Panje Franzesco sighed. His wife turned to him. “Why don’t you give it a try? The new manager has the whole winter to learn what to do, and if he’s managed an estate before, he already knows a lot.”

“All right then. I’ll accept your resignation, Wizlaw, and Panje Wawrzyniak, I expect you to start your new duties next week, on Monday. Will that be agreeable to you?”

Jozef nodded. They discussed the pay and living arrangements, and two very excited and satisfied men got ready for the six hour ride to Konrad Bukowski’s estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment