Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mustard and Love

That's just a working title, but I thought I'd post some of this cute little story here. Enjoy!

Isabella sniffed the luscious aroma that permeated the kitchen, now her kitchen, at Chez Moi and dropped a dollop of the sauce onto a clean spoon. Her first creation, Filet Mignon with White Wine Mustard Sauce, was finished. She swallowed, licked her lips, and let out her breath. The sauce, delicately tinted in pale amber, was delicious, and she knew it would complement the Filet Mignon like none other.
“Smells heavenly,” Serena Shokas shrieked.
Isabella winced. She would have to get used to Serena’s voice. The poor girl couldn’t help her timbre, after all.
“Have a taste,” she said and drizzled a drop onto a fresh spoon.
“Hmm. French Dijon, Japanese horseradish mustard, and something else, something I can’t quite put my finger onto.”
Isabella laughed. “You’re good. How do you like it?”
“It tastes as good as it smells. Perfect for our special guest who just arrived. Do you want me to serve him a sample?”
“Let me take it out myself. After all, it’s my first contribution.”
Serena helped Isabella find the sampling dishes and Isabella placed a generous sample of her delightfully spicy dish onto a plate.
“Who is the special guest?” She asked.
Daphne stepped into the kitchen, tossing her gleaming hair. She must have heard the girls talking, because she said with a sigh, “He’s so handsome. I bet he’s rich, too. I heard he’s the head chemist at some big company. Let me serve him!”
Claudia spoke up from the counter, where she was ordering the different mustards. “Isabella wants to take the food out herself, and I think she should, this being her first time.”
Isabella took the plate and stepped through the door. She looked around the room. It was empty, except for a table in a corner, where someone familiar was sitting.  She almost dropped the plate when she recognized who it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment