Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mustard and Love 13


Brett swallowed the last of the pie. It really was very good. If nothing else, that girl could cook.


A shadow fell over him. He looked up into the electric blue eyes of Daphne. His heart jumped. Gosh, that woman was beautiful!
She did not smile. “How are you doing today? Are you enjoying the food?”
 Could it be that she was jealous? That would be something. “I am. I was just talking to the chef. What’s her name again? Isabella?”
Daphne nodded.
“She wrote down the name of some of the spices I should try.” He patted his pocket where he’d put the napkin with Isabella’s phone number. “Actually, I don’t cook a lot. I just like coming here. And not just for the food.”
I worked. Daphne broke into her amazing smile. “I’m glad you like it here. What appeals to you besides the food?”
Brett looked at his hands. “The atmosphere. You know. The people too. Especially one of them.”
Daphne laughed. It was a low sexy sound. “As the manager, I’m glad you enjoy it.”
He looked up, making himself blush. “Do you think I could, maybe, give you a call one day?”
“I’m working right now. I can’t get too personal. But I get off at five today.” She turned away, called, “Have a nice day,” over her shoulder and left.
Wow, that had been easy. Brett smiled to himself as he finished his coffee and got up to leave. He’d have to watch out for Isabella, though, when he showed up tonight. It would probably be safest to follow Daphne in his car and then catch up with her. He couldn’t wait to have some fun with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment