Thursday, July 26, 2012

Eva

Ewa and her Daughter Lisa

Eva, or Ewa, as she calls herself now. Is my youngest sister. she has grown up very different from me. She is a photographer and lives in Cologne, which is well known as the city of the free spirits. And a free spirit my little sister has turned out to be.

 Ewa has read Carnival Girl, and since she lived quite a bit of it, she tells me, memories have come up for her, too. Through reading the book, Ewa also has been able to make peace with the past.

And, even though Ewa has no religion or faith in a personal God, she has learned to understand my faith and the good it has done in my life.


That's another side effect of having Carnival Girl out there. Many people, religious or not, are affected by the book and are learning to understand religious people - like me - a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment