Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Book Signings at Costco's

Yesterday was my last scheduled day to sign at Costco's in Orem. Even though it was Pioneer Day, many people who came to Costco's were interested in Carnival Girl, and I autographed quite a few copies. Not only were the people interested, they were interesting also.

One couple came up to me,telling me they had bought the book a week earlier. The husband told me how much he liked the book and how much it touched his soul.

And that is what Carnival Girl is all about, touching the souls of those who read it. I did not write the book to become rich or famous (Well not solely, anyway!), but I have always felt called to write about the unusual situation God put me in when he let me be born into my particular family. And, even though after almost fifty years, no one in my family is interested in religion or churches, I still feel that I have influenced them, and have a calling to be a blessing for my family in Germany. The publication of the memoir is one way to touch their hearts. They will see themselves in these memories and will re-live them with me as they read the book. And maybe the faith my younger self had for so many years will make them think about God and eternity. And that will be a very good thing.

Carnival Girl is out there, hopefully touching the hearts of many besides those of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment